Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify |
* Changes to the Audio Setup* We were on the Imaginary Friends Show
THIS DAY IN HISTORY – April 16
* 1889 – Charlie Chaplin was born* 1947 – Grandcamp explosion kills hundreds* 1972 – Apollo 16 departs for moon This is the 5th of 6 lunar landings* 2007 – Virginia Tech Massacre
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
* The bird phylogenetic tree get’s a needed makeover* Brontosaurus is back!* California Senate vaccination bill passes first committee* Ottawa mom defects from anti-vax movement after all seven children get whooping cough
POLITICS AND RELIGION
* South Carolina says the 14th Amendment doesn’t apply to gays because it didn’t apply to women* Florida House passes bill to legalize all kinds of religiously motivated adoption discrimination* Alabama Senate passes bill to affirm right to display religious symbols* Indiana backs down on religious* Iowa representative turns back on Wiccan invocation* At mormon conference some openly opposed the leadership* NRA seminar claims there are Sharia no-go zones in the US* Texas church members starve two year old to death then try to resurrect him
* Travis via Voicemail
Email us at [email protected] or call us at (541) 203-0666.
* 100 by 100 challenge – $29* New Bronze Sponsor – Peter
This episode is brought to you by:
Nuclear Sponsor – US$20.00 – US$35.00 per month* Russ from the Kitsap Atheists & Agnostics* Travis Megee* Vernware* LaTonyaPlatinum Sponsor – US$8.00 – US$19.00 per month* Virginia Dawn* Robert Ray from the Humanists of the North Puget Sound* Paul BurkeyGold Sponsor – US$4.00 – US$7.00 per month* Mark* Gary from Idaho Atheists* The Flying Skeptic* Renee Davis-PeltBronze Sponsor – US$10 per year/ US1.00 per month* Mark* Hugh Mann* Peter
* Archway Hosting provides full featured web hosting for a fraction of the cost of traditional shared hosting. You get all the benefits of shared hosting, without the sticker shock or extra fees. Check them out at archwayhosting.com.
You can find us online at www.atheistnomads.com, follow us on Twitter @AtheistNomads, like us on Facebook, email us at [email protected], and leave us a voice mail message at (541) 203-0666.
Theme music is provided by Sturdy Fred.